Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Chaitali Chattopadhyay, poem, Home service, Translated by Soumi Sankhari

 



Home Service

Chaitali Chattopadhyay


When the cooking was done, the kitchen washed away fully.

Being firewood , I keep sending message,

Reiterating -" Hey! Hear me! I want food".

Different delicacies, chutney, sukto, rice and sweets..

Perhaps I give them wrong address. 

They waiver from the path, take a long road to return.

They arrive as mourning and delight 

When they arrive, by then

I have fallen asleep 

Like a cat

Steeped in the delicious smell

Of my neighbour's kitchen. 


Translated by Shyamashri Ray Karmakar 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sankha Ghosh

Two Poems by Sankha Ghosh  Translated by Ankush Pal Crowd Stoop down, mister! Curl up and get down, mister! Don't you have eyes? Can'...