Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Nabanita Deb Sen poems

 




The house tinged in sorrow 


1


My house is tinged in sorrow 

Won't be back. Please Steer the sailboat in reverse 

Blow somewhere else

Hey wind of mind !


2.

Everybody changes

Not much

Only a little 

Changing nights and days, seasons, everything.


3 


The secret has been unveiled  

She was never there 

It was only the shadow 


4 


There's nothing  to be coy 

If the spring is full of error

There's nothing  to be coy

While weeping my dear 


5 


Now the question is whether to retreat 

It is harder to pull back than to return  ; 

Though the soul doesn’t belong here 





 6 


The full moon has plunged  

into dark poison, oily soot 

So much venom 

On the designer pillow woven in silk




 7 


Now in hell, the torment goes on 

The Ocean  sinks beneath the sand 

My dear heart sings in delirium 



 8

The eyes tell me, it's Time 

There’s a question, that remains 

Who is going to open the gate 

 

 

9 

I will not crave for your touch 

Nor would I ask for the

 kiss of basil and sandal 

on my eyes 

Let the last naked glance stare 

And utter, "Don't come back again!"



 10

This face, I know not this face 

This tongue, I know not this tongue 

My body is inadequate now a days

I'm brimming over my own self



Translated by Rajesh Chatterjee
Edited by Shyamashri Ray Karmakar      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sankha Ghosh

Two Poems by Sankha Ghosh  Translated by Ankush Pal Crowd Stoop down, mister! Curl up and get down, mister! Don't you have eyes? Can...